Thats So 70's

10:00 AM

I'm an old soul. There is no doubt that I should have been a teenager in the 70's. I have always been obsessed with everything about that era. The music, the art, and most importantly the fashion. I grew up listening to Fleetwood mac, Pink Floyd, and the Ramones; and instead of looking towards Kim K for fashion inspiration I find myself admiring Jane Birkin's infamous fringe, and Stevie Nicks thigh high suede boots. My closet is full of high waisted denim, corduroy, Sherpa jackets... and I have absolutely no shame! I often find myself watching movies such as E.T, Stranger Things, and Adventureland not for the plot... but for the inspiration (just think of the fashion possibilities)! Sigh...if only we could go back in time. Even though unfortunately time travel still isn't possible (back to the future, where you at?) we can feel like we are taking a step back in time with this falls newest (and oldest) trend! YEP! You guessed it! 70'S inspired everything!!! That's right folks.... corduroy jackets, striped  turtle necks, denim on denim looks, yellow tinted aviators, and high waisted jeans no longer belong at the D.I or in your grandmas closet... instead they are taking the spotlight at New York Fashion week, and retailers like Urban Outfitters, Levis, and Free People! So what does this mean? Well for me this means that I can finally embrace my inner 70's it girl and wear my vintage flares without totally sticking out like a sore thumb (or looking like a crazy cat lady). If you're questioning whether or not you want to adopt this trend this fall... here are a few outfit ideas that just might change your mind.

Looking to add a little ethereal edge to your summertime look? Look no further than women's boho fashion brand Nine Lives Bazaar.
Harpers Bazaar Fall 2017 Lookbook

1970s Corduroy Jacket, Sherpa Fur Lined Chestnut Brown Vintage 70s Jacket , Boho Hippie Fall Winter Coat, Grande Bay 42 / Women's Large by SurfandtheCity           
                                                            Urban Outfitters Fall Campaign 2017
Proof that you can make shearling look modern! (NYFW F2017)

Slide View: 1: Vintage Wrangler Cropped Jean          Slide View: 1: BDG Corduroy Trucker Jacket
Urban Outfitters Fall Campaign 2017


-GET THE LOOK-

Slide View: 1: UO Izzie Striped Mock-Neck SweaterSlide View: 1: Quay X Desi Perkins Sahara Aviator Sunglasses
            UO Sweater $50-HERE                     Vintage Aviators $69- HERE!

                    Slide View: 3: Silence + Noise Elisa Gab Jacket
 Levis Suede Jacket $325-HERE!                     UO Jacket $79-HERE!


Slide View: 1: BDG Jillian Low-Rise Straight-Leg Corduroy Pant                      
                   UO Corduroy Pant $60- HERE!!                   UO Sweater Bodysuit $50- HERE!

So what do you guys think?! Will you be sporting a 70's inspired look this fall? You know I will! Let me know in the comments!
XX,
Sydni



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Thats So 70's

I'm an old soul. There is no doubt that I should have been a teenager in the 70's. I have always been obsessed with everything a...