Skin Care Routine That Won't Break The Bank

4:25 PM

If I learned anything during my few months living in Paris, it's that skin care is important.  Each morning I would walk by my neighborhood café to grab a coffee, and leave feeling horrible about my skin after seeing my Batista's radiant glow. What made her skin so amazing? This was the question running through my head each morning as I forked over 5.50 for a overpriced Americano. (other than the question, "why am I paying this much for a coffee?") One morning as I sat in front of my mirror unsuccessfully trying to conceal my zits, I decided enough was enough. I was going to march in there with my horrible French accent and ask her what her secret was. Before I knew it we were sitting down over an overpriced coffee and discussing her skin care routine. I imagined her telling me about her Chanel face masks, and extravagant spa treatments; but to my surprise her skin care was surprisingly simple. Here are some of the things she told me-
1.Get married to your skin routine. In other words find a nightly routine and stick with it.
2.Go natural- Try to use the least amount of chemicals as possible.
3.Tee Tree Oil- Find products that contain tee tree oil because it helps hydrate, and reduce redness. She uses Mario Badescu aloe and green tea facial spray. It's only $7! WHAT?!
4. MOISTURIZE! She couldn't stress this enough! She said to moisturize once in the morning and once at night. She uses Renee Rouleau Glow Enhancing Cream
5.Minimal Makeup-"Don't cake it on. Always remember that a little bit will go a long way"
When I returned home I decided to take her advice and create a skincare routine of my own on a tight budget! So far it has been working amazingly! Thank you girl, I owe you one!

Taking her advice I use only natural products; nothing with those nasty chemicals that leave bleach stains on all of your favorite towels. (just think of what its doing to your skin)
Organic African Black Soap.  
 This is the first step to my nightly routine. With a warm washcloth I prep my skin by cleaning off my makeup with this African black soap. This is especially good for sensitive skin because it's organic and contains all natural ingredients like tea tree extract which helps fight acne, and control redness! (plus its only $4!)
Next I apply a dime size amount of facial scrub onto my AcneFree Brush and scrub my face. I usually let the wash sit for about 5 minutes to allow the tamarind extract to work its magic!

Mud Mask- When my skin is looking dull or starting to break out I apply this face mask for 10 minutes. Its amazing because it won't dry out your skin, and its not too oily! It reduces inflammation and redness while also keeping blemishes under control!
Moisturizer- I love, love, love this moisturizer! I have horribly dry skin, and this gives me the moisture I need without creating that oh so dreaded oily T-zone.  And guess what?! I get it at dollar tree for $1! Coconut oil is amazing for your skin; It hydrates and also helps cure acne scars! You can even use this on your hair once a week as a deep conditioner. I apply this once in the morning and once before bed.
Toner - After my moisturizer I use a spritz of this on my skin. I perfectly evens out your skin tone.
Exfoliator- On the nights when my skin feels scaly I love using this lush exfoliator! After using this stuff your skin will feel baby soft! It gets rid of dry skin and gives you that dewy glow! Plus its vegan, cruelty free, and smells like coffee!
AcneFree Brush - This little tool is amazing, and its only $20! This bristles penetrated the skin to get rid of any dirt, oil, or dry skin. Buh Bye congested, dull skin!
Light Therapy Mask -For those of you wondering if this really works, the answer is yes! The pink light kills acne causing bacteria and reduces the amount of breakouts. Ever since I started using this have seen a dramatic difference!
After experimenting with many different products, these were the ones tat were the most effective, and they are super inexpensive! I hope these tips help! 
XX,
S








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Thats So 70's

I'm an old soul. There is no doubt that I should have been a teenager in the 70's. I have always been obsessed with everything a...