The small stuff

12:29 PM


I love sitting in the passenger seat of your car. My hand Pressed to the window, as the vibration of the cars  buzzing past us races through my fingertips.
I love the sound of the radio. How it was so quiet that we couldn't quite make out the lyrics. When all that fills the air is a soft, statiky melody on loop.
I love the warm sunlight that comes through the bug speckled window, cascading over your lips. The sound of small breaths as you quietly try to mouth the words to your favorite song.
I love sitting there with my feet up on the dashboard, watching the world race past in a blur. The cotton candy colored sky stained with patches of orange, and yellow.
I love how the pink glow from the open sign gently tints your freckle kissed skin; as we stand in the empty parking lot of the gas station. The electricity buzzing through the fluorescent lights above us.
I love the tingly, static in the air. The kind that's so faint, you really have to concentrate to notice it.
But most of all, I love the familiar sound of your voice. The way it was trembling as those three small words escaped your lips.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Thats So 70's

I'm an old soul. There is no doubt that I should have been a teenager in the 70's. I have always been obsessed with everything a...